International Workshop on Functional Discourse Grammar: Interfaces in FDG
Даты: 12.09.19 — 13.09.19
Область наук: Филологические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: at fg-fgw AT uva.nl
Организаторы: FDG Committee
The workshop will be devoted to the interface conditions between the different levels of representation in the theory of Functional Discourse Grammar. It serves two major aims: (i) the development and improvement of the theory of FDG (Hengeveld & Mackenzie 2008) and (ii) the publication of a special issue of a respected journal on interfaces in FDG consisting of the papers discussed during the workshop.
Call for Papers:
A matter of much concern in modular approaches to grammar is the interface conditions between levels of representation. It is generally assumed that a certain degree of compatibility is required among autonomous representations and that principles can be formulated that constrain grammar interfaces. The presentation of Functional Discourse Grammar (FDG) in Hengeveld and Mackenzie (2008) does not deal with interface conditions but the authors stress their importance for the future advancement of FDG. Although any contributions dealing with interfaces in FDG are welcome, the following list of topics may serve as an indication of the kind of issues that could be addressed:
1. Which conditions restrict the possible combinations of levels of representation?
2. Which correspondences between levels are necessary for a well-formed representation?
3. Which mismatches between levels are allowed in the grammar and which ones are not?
4. What are the differences between a modular and a derivational approach to grammar for the treatment of particular linguistic phenomena?
5. Are interface conditions universal or language-specific?
6. Which linguistic phenomena are better understood when the interaction between levels is taken into account?
Interfaces are particularly important when there are mismatches between levels. Without excluding the many other relevant phenomena, we list a number of such mismatches by way of example, organized by pairs of levels:
- Interpersonal/Representational: zero anaphora, cross-reference.
- Representational/Morphosyntactic: alignment and grammatical relations, fusion, incorporation, compounding.
- Morphosyntactic/Phonological: morpho-phonological processes, cliticization.
The aim of this workshop is to explore the interaction between the four levels of representation in FDG from both a theoretical and an applied perspective. Contributions investigating any of the aforementioned topics are welcome. Representatives of other frameworks will be invited to provide feedback on these contributions such that the developments in comparable theories can be fully taken into account.
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
Международная научно-практическая конференции «Русский язык и культура в эпоху глобализации»Прием тезисов до 30.03.19, Печ
Международная научно-практическая конференция Европейское полиязыковое пространство: образование, социум, правоПрием тезисов до 30.03.19, Архангельск
AICED-21: Trauma, Narrative, ResponsibilityПрием тезисов до 30.03.19, Bucharest